Terms and Conditions
Slimbuddy.com is a website owned and operated by Slimbuddy Limited, a company registered in the UK, company number 6036165
The following Terms and Conditions of Use govern membership to and use of the website. You should not become a member of Slimbuddy.com and you should discontinue use of any part of the website if you disagree to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Slimbuddy Limited reserves the right to vary these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions of Use on the website. You should check these terms and conditions regularly for changes and additions. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
Your health and wellbeing:
By joining Slimbuddy.com and taking part in your recommended programme you acknowledge that:
Any advice given either generally or as part of your programme is intended to be a broad general guide and may not take account of your specific medical history or your current physical condition. We recommend that anyone seeking to undertake a diet or increased physical activity should seek appropriate medical advice. The advice and guidance given on this site should not be considered as an alternative to the advice of your doctor or other health professional, nor should it replace such advice.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
You must be over 18 years of age to use the Website or any services on the Website. Any information you send to us will be used by us in order to provide our service to you and you warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information.You must make sure that all details you provide are correct and complete.
We fully respect the privacy of our member’s information. The information you provide us with is will not be disclosed to any unauthorised third parties. We abide by the UK Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.
We do not retain any credit card information.
Slimbuddy Limited owns the copyright and all other rights in the material displayed on the Website. As a visitor or member you are permitted to view the content and display it on your computer and to download and print a single copy of the material on the Website for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution of material on the Website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
By subscribing to any of the Slimbuddy programmes you become a Member and agree to pay the charges set out in the payment section of the Website for your choosen Programme (as may be amended from time to time) for the Initial Membership Term. With the exception of special offers, the Initial Membership Term is 10 weeks. Your membership will automatically be renewed when this initial period is up and will be renewed on a monthly basis from then on.
At the time of registration, your credit/debit card will be charged at the price displayed for your chosen Programme for the Initial Membership Term. At the end of the Initial Membership Term your card will then be charged at a Monthly membership fee of £9.95 or the relevant promotional price (whichever is the lesser amount) on a monthly basis until your membership is cancelled.
We do not retain any credit card information
Under the terms of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have a 7 day 'cooling off period' in which you have the right to cancel your Membership and receive a full refund. We are obliged to refund your payment in full within 30 days of your cancellation. After 7 days any payment made is non-refundable except in accordance with the Slimbuddy Money Back Guarantee.
If you cancel after the Initial Membership Term, cancellation will take effect from the starting date of your next membership month. You will not be entitled to a refund for any Monthly membership fee already paid.
Cancellations must be advised in writing via e-mail to our customer service team at email@example.com.
Slimbuddy Ltd. reserves the right to restrict, suspend or cancel your membership with immediate effect if you break these terms and conditions or fail to meet payments when due.
Our limitation of liability:
Slimbuddy Ltd., its associated companies, affiliates and suppliers shall not be liable for any indirect incidental, special or consequential losses or for examplary damages or for any direct or indirect loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other such losses, including without limitation any such losses or damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this site or the delay or inability to use this site or for any information, products or services obtained on or through this site.
Slimbuddy Ltd. accepts no responsibility for published errors or technical problems Any risks associated with access to and use of the internet lie with you the user.
Rules for the use of online messaging and forums:
- The Slimbuddy.com forums are provided for the exchange of information, opinions and ideas on the subject of weightloss and healthy living. Your use of these forums is subject to the following terms:
- You may not use obscene or offensive language.
- You may not place on the Website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful.
- You may not place on the Website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on the Website any material belonging to any person other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place on the Website advertisements or make commercial solicitations.
- You grant Slimbuddy Ltd. the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material you place on the Website.
- Slimbuddy Ltd. reserves the right to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our Online Forums.
- Slimbuddy Ltd. accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our Online Forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules.
- You agree to indemnify Slimbuddy Ltd., their representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities which arise from your submissions to the Online Forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our Online Forums.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions of Use shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law.
These Terms & Conditions of Use shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.